Q. What are the most common maintenance issues that you deal with?
One of the key ingredients of a smoothly run investment property is having great tradespeople at your disposal. Having maintenance attended to quickly will stop small problems turning into costly issues and will also keep your tenants happy.
If you own an investment property, it's important that you're ready to deal with any problems that you could be faced with.
Here's a list of the 20 most common maintenance issues you’re likely to face as a property investor:
1. Faulty door locks
2. Dripping taps or those that won’t turn off
3. Leaking laundry and kitchen sinks
4. Doors that don’t align in place as they tend to move
5. Loose or broken door handles
6. Leaking roofs
7. A leaking hot water service
8. There’s no hot water
9. A blocked drain, blocked shower or blocked toilet
10. Leaking shower roses or taps
11. Power points and lights that are not working
12. Ducted heating that only blows out cold air
13. Broken down kitchen appliances
14. Air conditioning that doesn’t work
15. Curtains or blinds that are operating the way they are supposed to
16. Carpets that are lifting and the joins or wearing in high traffic areas of the property
17. Movement cracks in the ceiling or cornices
18. A damaged letter box
19. A remote control for the garage door that doesn’t work
20. Overgrown shrubs, bushes and trees that need tending to.
Make sure you get the right tradespeople for the job and sit back and enjoy your investment as it continues to yield favourable returns.